Saturday 12 November 2011

Battle commences...

It was in the early hours of the morning that I was woken by a distant screaming. My eyes snapped open and I rushed to my window to set eyes upon my nemesis, for whom I had been preparing these past weeks in utter seclusion. However, whatever image I had prepared of my foe was incomparable to what lay before me then.

Looking across the Pinner Memorial Park which lay behind my boarding room, a gargantuan creature, perhaps 15 metres high, came crawling though the trees at the far end. It was a centipede of the genus Scolopendra Cingulata, with alternating bands of black and yellow gold across its back. It was crawling quickly upon its numerous yellow legs, feeling its way with pink antennae. As it progressed through the woods, it tore up and ate anything in its path, crunching whole trees in its elongated mandibles.

Alongside the centipede flew Rupert Murdoch, whose ancient imaciated body hovered high up in the air within a globe of glassy light which held him in the sky under his control, presumably via the wires that were protuding from his head. Clutching onto Murdoch's back was the orb-weaver spider which had given birth to the sickening multi-legged monstrosity that was now approaching the bandstand.

"Prostrate yourself before me and you may be spared!" barked Murdoch like some insane dictator. "You are all my subjects now, lie down before the terrible centipede!" While many ran away screaming, some did as they were bid by Murdoch and lay down, believing they were entering into some new world order, only to be gobbled up by the creature.

The time had come to find out whether my preparations would be fruitful. Taking up a remote control device, I pressed a switch. Many metres under the park, my machine began to burrow upwards towards the scene of mayhem. Finally my creation emerged from its hole - the Towering Electric Mongoose, or TEM for short. Thin and lithe, the 20-metre high robot bore the familiar characteristics of a mongoose - the scruffy-haired mammal that naturally preys on centipedes - but was created soley of metal by my genius hands.

The centipede turned and set eyes on the TEM and progressed to attack. It was to be a bloody battle...

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment