Sunday 7 August 2011

A new maid... and a curious development





In the week since Rebekah first pounded upon my knocker, much has happened Chez Stiggers. After hearing her heart-rending story, I decided to take her in and allow her to serve as my own personal maid. O, the lucky whore!

Since removing my curmudgeonly old retainer Brown from my ranks following his increasingly bizarre outbursts, I've been looking for someone to take over the important role of managing my personal affairs and this flame-haired waistrel, once brushed up and fitted with a fine suit of pig hair, fitted the bill.

(I have, however, had some concerns about my pal Lumpy Pete who continues to lodge with me as we plan our trip to the Upper Lowlands - a journey which appears to be increasingly elusive - who I have noticed watching Rebekah with an almightily firey glimmer in his eye. I shall have to watch his advances - I do NOT want another incident like that of the time my sister Georgina came to visit.)

All was going well, until I spied something curious occuring this morning. As I broke my fast with my usual dish of ocelot veins and considered a tincture of cannabis sativa, Rebekah glanced at her watch then excused herself and walked towards the front door. Removing myself from my seat, I watched her from the vantage point of my front parlour.

There I saw her upon my doorstep receiving a strange boy, all covered in soot and mucus. Upon greeting him, Rebekah did look to her left and right, then take a small package from the boy. She then handed him a sixpence and shoed away the urchin.

I quickly returned to my seat and continued to chomp on veins. She returned and made no comment about the preceding exchange, having presumably hidden the package amongst her decolletage.

What caper is this!? Augustus's nose will sniff out this mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment